Friday, October 19, 2012

A HOUSE THAT FLIES

 Remember them?! This was a show I loved watching on GMA 7 as a kid.

 And this IS their FLYING HOUSE. The story revolves around Justin, Angela, little Cory and Professor Humphrey Bumble's while they travel inside his "house" with SIR (short for Solar Ion Robot), into the time of Jesus, stories from the New Testament. Whenever a storm disrupts anything they are currently doing, they see themselves "flying" back in time to learn more about the life of the Jesus, and the Catholic faith. For a grade schooler like me, reading and understanding the Bible back then was REALLY hard, moreso since texts in Bibles were of the King James version. This was the BEST way to teach young catholics like me how to deepen our relationship with Jesus without necessarily going overboard. And even though its really ODD to have a "Flying House" go back into atleast 300AD, it worked for me. I easily related to topics and found myself also "travelling" with them.

              Come on and go with us, Lord who knows where 
              It’s so fun to fly through time in the flying house
              Oh, it’s great to fly in the flying house
              I just want to get back home again
     
     I now find myself humming their theme song. Nostalgia. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment