Friday, October 19, 2012

of crystal balls and a talking monkey...

              Pagmulat ng mata, Langit nakatawa sa BATIBOT, sa BATIBOT

During the craze of Sesame Street worldwide, Filipinos did a spin off  from this popular Children's Television Show, and we had our very own...
 Man I loved this program. I really stare at the TV screen, put the volume up, and follow Kuya Bodjie, Ate Shiena, Kiko Matsing, Pong Pagong, and the rest of the gang sing the theme song. I would wait to see what's new in "mga kwento ni Lola Basyang" (stories of Granny Basyang), listen to Kuya Bodjie's storytelling while Kiko Matsing butts in, Have ate Shiena reprimand Ning-Ning and Ging-Ging.I would wait until the "perlas na bilog" (round pearl) shows me what it has. Man, I was a true Batibot Fan! I even went wild one time Ate Shiena and Kuya Bodjie went to St. Paul Pasig to promote their books back then!

 Manang bola and her chant: "Perlas na bilog, 'wag tutulog tulog. Sabihin saken ang sagot! Ba, be-bi, bo-buuuu!!!! (round pearl, don't keep on sleeping, give me the answer! ba, be-bi-bo-buuu!)

 this is Kiko Matsing. I think they pegged his looks from Grover. He's a monkey by the way. And he is friends with...

 Pong Pagong. He's a turtle. And both of them are part of a completely wacky cast:

 Ning Ning and Ging-Ging

 Kapitan Basa

Sitsiritsit and Alibangbang (the space "dudes")

      I'm a batang Batibot, and I qoute from the last line of their theme song:

              MGA BATA SA BATIBOT, MALIKSI, MASIGLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment